Beth and I stayed home and did nothing for New Year's Eve, and it was glorious. Vienna, for some reason, is crazy about New Year's. There is simply NO WAY the fireworks that people buy here would fly in the US--it's like people are setting off dynamite. This year, the people in the apartment below us, on the ground floor, were lighting off firecrackers that were literally making our windows shake. On New Year's, Vienna is a veritable Baghdad.
Anyway, I'm at the office at the moment, prepping myself for an all-nighter at the school. The Student Union, a seemingly cooler/hipper version of Student Government, has organized a "Silence Retreat," where a group of kids spend multiple hours in solitude, quiet, and prayer. Beth and I are part of the adult team in charge of monitoring the event--should be a fun time. At the end of the night the group comes together to talk about their time and process their thoughts. I think it's a pretty neat idea, and it's cool to see some of our students (about 15 or so) step up to organize, lead, and participate in the event!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment