Thursday, February 10, 2011

Adjusting to a New Focus

When Jeff and I first started talking about having a family, I dreaded the thought of trying to balance the life we were living with one more person. How were we going to both be able to work with an infant? Pay for things? Maintain sanity? And now I see the year that we were trying to get pregnant, coupled with the nine months of being pregnant, as a re-focusing time for me. The Lord was gently nudging me to, not switch up the life we were living, but to re-evaluate my priorities. I was learning to see this new addition to our family as a ministry in itself. And it's been a joy ever since...It's not always been happy or easy, but joy and happiness are not mutually exclusive, are they? And this joy is Spirit-filled.

Thank you, Lord, for this new focus.


No comments: