After an extended vacation from blogging, I've returned. I'm sure everyone is thrilled to have some extra Internet reading to do. :)
This was an interesting summer for me. I traveled back to the US for 6 weeks while Beth stayed in Vienna. It was difficult being away from her, especially considering the pregnancy.
While I'm certainly happy to be back with her in Vienna, the transition back was difficult in its own way as well. We really do miss our family and friends in the US. It's not something you can allow yourself to think about too often, and I try to hedge against it as much as I can most of the time just because it's easier to deal with when it's muffled. But while I was back this summer I really enjoyed spending time with folks, and this isn't something that can be ignored.
So, thank you to those of you who spent time with me while I was back. It was a great encouragement, and a reminder of how amazingly blessed we are to have family and friends like we do. I've said it many times, but the love and support we receive from friends and family in the US is overwhelming. We love you guys.
P.S. Many, many, many heartfelt thanks are in order for each person who helped supply us with much-needed baby clothes and other items/accessories. We were so well-supplied that I had to leave some things in the US for my mom and Beth's mom to bring with them in October! So, thanks for your generosity, and for seemingly always finding new ways to bless us. Again, you guys are a great encouragement to us, and you are very much appreciated!
Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm bummed that I didn't get to hang out when you were in the States! You weren't in my neck of the woods though. I hope that you know that your friends and family miss you guys just as much. :0)
Please let me know what other baby stuff you guys need.
Hope that you guys are doing well!
Kristen
Post a Comment