We went to lunch today with a couple from our church and another couple from the school. I had a delicious chicken schnitzel, and all was right with the world.
Upon arriving home, however, Beth realized her wallet was missing from her purse. After checking a few obvious places, we started to get a little nervous. This led to a few phone calls, the checking of a few more obscure places, and even a visit to the school to check there. Alas, the wallet was not to be found.
After our searches had proved fruitless, I feared the inevitable--that the wallet had been stolen. This was easily confirmed when I checked our online banking and saw that our U.S. credit card had been used to buy a one month city of Vienna public transportation pass earlier that afternoon. What a delightful discovery!
So, several phone calls and a few hours later, we've canceled Beth's U.S. debit/credit card, her Bank Austria card, and done a few other preventative things. The bad news is that her passport, U.S. driver's license, yearly Vienna public transportation pass, and other personal things (pictures, etc.) are likely gone forever. So, we're going to have to spend some time (and money) this week to get all this stuff sorted out, and hopefully replace what we can. We DO need to get the passport replaced as soon as possible, as Beth is now without any sort of photo ID. She also is going to need the passport to get her visa!
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We'll pray with you.
Such a bummer. I will be praying about this also.
Dude . . . the similarities between your wife and mine are AMAZING . . . Betka had the exact same thing happen . . . hang in there, it is tough and a minor annoyance, neigh a huge one, but everything will be fine. Can't believe I just heard this now.
Wow...that sucks so much! Really makes you feel violated, huh? I hope that everything works out. Sorry Bethie.
Oh no! I'm constantly praying for you guys so this will be included! Miss you, love you. It waS good talking to you the other day.
We will be praying for you Jeff and Beth. I am sorry to hear that you have to deal with this all. :( Keep your heads up - I am sure the devil is just trying to get your eyes off of your witnessing to others.
Post a Comment